Wednesday, February 20, 2008

"Chap Goh May"




My mind just came across with the chap goh may celebration that was held in my church on last saturday. Ya, as sze yan said, numbers of youths in our church were really limited, so basically everyone has a job/jobs to do on that night. The commitees for this event :

FOOD : aunt wai koon
INVITATION CARD : me
GAMES : sze yan
TRANSPORTATION : yee siang, aunt reb, sze yeng...
USHERING : ee ren, guo ren
CLEANING : EVERYONE

This event was actually clashed with the DTS in Kluang...I wanted to go so much...but I couldn't make it. They were having much fun in that as I can read them from Christina's blog T..T

Days before, me and sze yan went to Jusco and give out all the invitation cards (100 pieces of them) to the strangers. We spent two days on that. The first day rather scary. Then I remember the S-M-I-L-E program that I've learned during mission (YMI). Then I told myself :"Yea, its time to apply..." Then I slowly gain the boldness to do that ^^ Then the second time was on Valentines Day... (argh! not a right time...@..@) The mall was full of couples and only couples =..=. I never knew there can be so many couples in Ipoh...couples...couples...couples...couples...couples!!!!!! That has actually make it more difficult for us.
yan : "eh, if you wanna give the cards to the couple hor, give it to the girl first..."
me : "ok..."
conclusion...some were responsive...some were rather...sigh...

On that day (chap goh may), I saw no one that we've given the card to came...and the number of people came was much lesser than we estimated. I was actually disappointed. I started to wonder why after we've spent so much time on that and what it came out was so disappointing. At that moment I started to doubt whether my service is needed. Was I doing something unnessacery? Then I remember another verse I read from the scripture...

Jeremiah 7:21-23 :
This what the LORD Almighty, the God of Isreal, says:"Away with your burnt offerings and sacrifices! Eat them yourselves! When I led your ancestors out if Egypt, it was not burnt offerings and sacrifices I wanted from them. This is what I told them: Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!"

This is what I've learned: When He called you to do something, just do it. The result doesn't really matter after all. Just do it! And "all will be well"...

2 comments:

Sze Yan said...

LOL... scary? the word isnt scary...!
it was TERRIFYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol...
we got some guts... lil guts to do them.. lol

seemyee said...

applause to us! hahaha...should "jeong lai zhi gei"...but absolutely not baskin robbins. NO MORE!